At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – BACKEND
PURPOSE:One way to reach this goal lies within the Brand and Creation Technologies (BCT) team which is the center of the product creation for our internal users at adidas. We are responsible for providing systems and applications which are used during the entire product creation lifecycle starting from debriefing of Marketing over design and factory users to delivery.
We are using technology to create solutions that are transforming how products are being digitally created. We are putting in place collaboration tools which makes it easier for the thousands of employees involved in product creation and sourcing to be faster. We are harnessing data which enables our employees to make better decisions. We are working in a fast paced, startup like environment where we truly believe that technology can automate most of the mundane tasks and free up time for creators to do what they really need to do – create
As part of the engineering team your mission is to deliver high quality software at speed. You will be developing and operating our software products, showcasing your creativity and using the latest technologies to bring ideas to life.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team of engineers in Zaragoza.
- You will join a team of talented and passionate engineers developing a cloud native event driven platform.
- You will part of the technical experts and have a responsibility for:
- Backend application design and development to integrate data from different sources through Kafka and expose through a set of feature rich APIs.
- Backend application design and development to handle cross-cutting concerns: security, audit, etc.
- Continuous integration and delivery using Jenkins and Kubernetes platform as services orchestrator.
- Work with business stakeholders to integrate and expose requested data.
- Operate the data streaming platform.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- College or university degree with focus on IT or equivalent.
- Min. 3 years of IT experience.
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably when confronted with risk and uncertainty.
- Ability to manage highly complex projects on a global level.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill.
- Knowledge of how to operate and design an event driven platform and experience in respective technologies.
- Knowledge of cloud/microservices patterns and application scalability and performance.
- Experienced user of agile/scrum methods.
- Problem solving skills and hands on attitude.
- DevOps mindset: ownership from development/testing to deployment phase.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
- Languages: Java 8-11 / groovy Scala
- Frameworks: Spring, Akka
- Container knowledge: Kubernetes, Docker
- Database: SQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Oracle
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Agile methodologies: Scrum/Kanban
- ELK stack, Grafana.
- Platform: Kafka, AWS
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You will be part of a highly engaged, multinational with international career opportunities
- Individual development, training and a tech community
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility
- Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.