Within this role you will:
- Lead the code team to achieve the highest possible quality product
- Assist with planning and direction of the work of the code team
- Encourage best code design practices within the code team
- Write high quality source code
- Work with designers to implement gameplay and user interface elements to the designers’ specifications
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to fix bugs
- Maintain stability of development environment for the entire development team
We need you to have:
- Excellent code design skills
- Have acted as lead on at least 1 shipped title
- Expert in C/C++, minimum of 5 years’ experience
- At least 2 of which using Unreal Engine 4
- 4 years’ experience working in the game industry required
- Experience in PC and/or console programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Practical experience with 3D math
- Worked on at least 2 shipped games
- Experience working on at least one large scale game project
You will also need to:
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Find and fix complex bugs in any area of the project
- Create and own complex systems from start to finish
- Author technical designs and best practices
- Plan work and meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Mentor less experienced programmers
About Sumo Digital
Sumo Digital is one of the largest independent video game developers in the U.K., and we’re actively looking for the best talent in the world to join us. As a member of the Sumo team, you’d work on the development of games for some of the biggest names in the industry, including Microsoft, Sony, Sega, and Disney.
There’s a massive amount of variety in what we do, and we’ve worked or are working on incredible games including Forza Horizon 4, Team Sonic Racing, Crackdown 3, LittleBigPlanet 3, Snake Pass, Hitman 2 and many others.
We are winners of numerous development and employer awards and since our foundation in 2003, we have grown to employ over 600 talented team members in our studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, North West in Warrington, The Chinese Room in Brighton, Red Kite Games in Huddersfield, and Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We are part of the Sumo Group plc.