Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. That means we only need an image of your ID and a selfie to prove that you’re you. In doing so, we help millions of people connect to the services they need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s renting a car or opening a bank account. Our vision is to create an open world where identity is the key to access.
We’ve received over $200 million in funding from world-class tech investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, Salesforce to back our vision. And we’re just getting started.
We are looking for engineering leaders to help us ship amazing products and develop outstanding engineers.
We’re currently looking for an engineering lead within our Document Verification engineering group. This group owns our market-leading document verification product, which helps companies verify users frictionlessly, seamlessly, and on a global scale.
Some of things we’re working on:
-Expanding our document coverage and breadth of fraud analysis techniques;
-Building automated review, quality control and training systems to quickly iterate on new models and document analysis techniques;
-Building knowledge repositories to support document analysis, fraud decisions and risk assessments;
-Empowering human analysts to make quick, ML-informed decisions.
This group is cross-functional and geographically distributed between London, Lisbon and remote staff.
Engineering leadership at Onfido
A lead engineer at Onfido is responsible for leading a team of engineers to deliver a great software product in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are crucial. At Onfido, we work in cross-functional, mission-driven teams who build and ship independently. We place huge value on trust and ownership, and believe these are the key elements behind motivated, engaged and high-performing teams.
Engineering leadership at Onfido is twofold:
-In partnership with a product manager, you’ll be responsible for guiding your team to deliver on their mission and figuring out how to make that real – with the best balance of pace, rigour and customer value
-You’ll be responsible for guiding the growth, wellbeing and performance of a small team of engineers.
We believe that combining team leadership and people management allows our engineering leaders to have a tremendous impact, both on individual growth and Onfido’s long-term success.
- Lead, motivate and coach a team of engineers;
- Work closely with product managers and designers to estimate, prioritize and clarify items;
- Coach engineering team members and set appropriate goals for individuals and your team;
- Use metrics to analyse how your team delivers and operates software, and actively seek out opportunities for improvement;
- Collaborate across teams, both within and outside engineering, to maximise efficiency and the value delivered to internal and external customers;
- Develop and promote a comprehensive understanding of your team’s mission and how it relates to Onfido’s overall goals;
- Help engineers understand wider context and find opportunities to collaborate, both within and beyond the engineering group.
- Solid background in software development; ideally, past experience in a technical leadership role;
- Able to query, critique and challenge technical design and approaches;
- Evidence that you care deeply about finding ways to help others succeed;
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Track record of developing and growing people in technical careers.
Nice to have:
- Experience with one of the following languages: Ruby or Python;
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or AWS.
We’re committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
– Share options in Onfido, through our equity schemes. Share options have a one year cliff and start vesting after probation over a four year period*
– 25 days holiday
-Two paid volunteering days per year.*
– Bupa Private Medical and Dental Insurance*
– Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
– Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)*
– Generous paid parental leave
– Free mental health coaching provided online.
– Life enrichment allowance of up to £80 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare and therapy.
– Dedicated learning opportunities including language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), a team training budget for training and conferences
– Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnFriday); holding quarterly team socials; with our annual company launch week where we all gather from across the globe in London to regroup for the year ahead.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Please note: We are now all working from home. We also have switched to a virtual recruitment process and all our Newfidos will be onboarding remotely. Stay Safe!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.