As a Lead Game Programmer at TT Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., you will report into the Head of Game Programming and be part of a dedicated and dynamic team working closely with our talented animators, artists and designers on games including our award-winning LEGO series.
You are currently working in a senior game programming position looking for the next step in your career with a strong working knowledge of programming in C/C++.
- Analyse and understand the game design documents in order to define the required functionalities and the game system that must be developed.
- Comply with all coding standards, ensuring the creation of high quality, performance-minded code.
- Write game specific code for levels; level / creature scripts and frontend / HUDs / in game menus and bosses.
- Work closely with other departments to create levels in accordance to game design documents.
- Correct identified gameplay bugs.
- Exploration of new practices to continually improve the quality of game development.
- Regular review of code, scripting and level implementation to ensure it is of the required quality.
- Allocating tasks, schedules and bugs to Programmers.
- Assisting Head of Game Programming when required.
- Identify poorly coded / implemented systems and restructure existing code to make it more efficient.
- Collaborate with other functions in developing the tools required to make the necessary gameplay adjustments.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Identifying and ensuring that all employee relations matters (including absence, performance and conduct) are dealt with in line with Company policies and procedures and in liaison with Human Resources.
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels to cover for absence and busy periods.
- Carrying out local inductions and probationary reviews for all new starters to ensure competence in the full range of tasks they are required to undertake.
- Mentoring Programmers and Junior Programmers with direction from Head of Game Programming.
- Carrying out employee review with direction from Head of Game Programming.
- Delegating work to employees and monitoring output
- Providing / arranging any required on-the-job training and coaching.
- Work with production to identify and escalate risk.
- Approachable and friendly manner. Able to work well in a team.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience.
- Demonstrable experience of programming in C/C++.
- Worked at senior level or higher on at least one shipped title on mobile or console.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related subject.
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitments to projects / tasks.
- Ability to think creatively to solve coding problems.
- Ability to debug difficult problems.
About WB Games
At WB Games we are bringing some of the most iconic characters and stories in entertainment to life through videogame development. Passion is the cornerstone of everything we do, and we are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans. We are home to multiple world class development studios located across North America and the UK, including Avalanche, Monolith Productions, NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady Studios, TT Games, WB Games NY, WB Games Montreal, WB Games San Francisco and WB Games Boston. Our publishing group is located in Burbank, and we also have deep expertise and robust publishing capabilities in many territories around the world. WB Games teams are made up of the top talent in the industry and we strive for an open and collaborative culture where our creative talent can do what they do best, which is to make great games.