If you’re looking to work in a collaborative culture, solving engineering challenges at a global scale, and having a real impact in making our products better for our customers, we would love to talk to you!
We believe in providing trust and autonomy so everyone can do their best work. From how we work to how managers support you, our goal is to provide an environment that enables you to continuously grow, ask questions and not be afraid to fail—because when we do, we see it as an opportunity to learn.
Engineering at GoCardless
The technical challenges of building GoCardless span from simplifying building banking schemes to optimising the time to render the dashboard. We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Small Business Experience team, who build seamless experiences for our small business merchants around the world. This team owns product features like OAuth conversion to international payments as well as the entire merchant dashboard.
You will enjoy being a software engineer at GoCardless if:
- You’re looking to champion a great engineering culture within GC and in the wider engineering community;
- You enjoy collaborating and learning from people from various backgrounds and experiences;
- You want to feel proud of the work you’re doing and its impact on real customers.
Our engineers contribute to the engineering culture within and outside of GoCardless: they contribute to Open Source Software projects (see our Github), and share learnings in post-mortems, conferences and on our blog.
We want to work with people who care about how things are built and how they look, who enjoy spending the time it takes to make something great, who believe there is always something new to learn and that improvement is an iterative process.
You should apply if:
- You’re passionate about technology and have an appreciation for good design.
- You have experience building websites, and have an awareness of the technologies used.
- You are an experienced Frontend Engineer and have a deep understanding of ReactJS.
- You care about building reliable, accessible and well-tested systems.
- You thrive in a culture of peer review and enjoy mentoring and supporting the development of team members and colleagues.
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.