One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t flush down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About The Role
As the most senior individual contributor within the team, you will partner with each squad to provide the technical direction and up skill Engineers. You will also be an important contributor to the Engineering organisation’s strategy, branding and progress. This can vary from improving Platform’s team roadmap to finding opportunities to spread knowledge – using quarterly 2-week hackathon, internal workshops or representing us externally up to 15% of your time.
This is a high impactful role with the opportunity to shape Typeform’s history as it’s an essential position to improve our most strategic projects! You will report to a Director of Software Engineering.
Find out more about our Engineering Value Proposition here .
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Oversee the team’s technical vision and roadmap. This includes raising the technical bar by including toil reduction, technical debt, tooling, migrations.
- Build multi-quarter target architectures together with partners, including defining the contracts and boundaries with external teams
- Autonomously research and implement solutions that are secure, scalable, resilient and easy to maintain reusing existing solutions.
- Identify and improve production metrics that are affecting the teams and customers.
- Promote and guide the technical leadership career ladder definition. Be a driver of the hiring process to ensure we attract and retain great people.
- Represent Typeform on public forums related to your technical domain.
You’re a great fit it you:
- Love to analyse a complex technical challenge to anticipate risks, technical gaps and potential issues.
- Can produce and implement creative ideas.
- Can suggest solutions that unlock technical and business opportunities in unexpected ways.
- Have the capacity to recognise quality, and the lack thereof, in the work of your teams.
- Have a passion for helping others grow through technical excellence.
- Can set a technical vision for group that provides an aspiration for the next 2 to 3 years.
We’re now a remote first company so this job can be based in our office in Barcelona or as a remote role in Spain. We also recruit remotely in the Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania and the UK as long as you do not require visa sponsorship. You’ll be made to feel at home from the first moment, thanks to our thoughtfully designed remote onboarding. You’ll get a €1,000 one-off payment to kit out your home office, plus €120 per month to cover any extra expenses. Other benefits include flexible working hours, a learning and development budget and private health insurance.
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner 😉
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customers , and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We aim to be an equal opportunity workplace.