We’re the Markets Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be. We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join Spotify’s Markets growth team. We are building an insights practice that helps us identify what appeals to audiences locally, and how we scale these innovations into success globally. You will work as part of a cross-disciplinary product team, bringing insights into every decision we make throughout the product development cycle. Your role will be to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of the world of audio and listeners. You will utilize multiple methodologies to deliver insights to a fast-moving and innovative team as we build the world’s best audio streaming service customized to all markets at scale. Your work will impact how Spotify thinks about users in our local markets, and you get to define how to scale and make Spotify attractive for more people throughout the world.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers who are passionate about scaling our core experience to local markets
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights on user behavior that will help drive product and design decisions
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Work from our offices in Stockholm
Who You Are
- You have relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or another quantitative discipline
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- You know how to understand and tackle loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, or Hadoop)
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modelling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.