We are looking for an outstanding full-time Embedded Software Director who thrives in a highly cross-functional and closely collaborative environment and leads us to invent the future.
How do you spend one day in this position?
Embedded Software Director will be responsible for the planning, designing, coordinating, monitoring, and execution of all the embedded software for our future and current people counting sensors. You will design for scale, high accuracy, and low latency, focusing on creating an excellent customer experience.
Join us and be a part of our energetic and highly motivated team located in Istanbul!
What are we expecting from you to realize/achieve overall?
- Develop the long-term strategy for your team and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
- Drive overall technical vision and architecture which enables us to grow and scale quickly
- Deliver high-quality products on time and with high visibility, within budget and with competitive features to generate organic growth
- Understand how all elements of the software ecosystem work together and where developing/engineering/testing approaches fit in the overall strategy
- Deliver releases and updates at a regular basis within the team and to leadership
- Manage engineering resources who drive the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and establish best practices such as Agile/Scrum
- Manage departmental resources, hiring, mentoring & enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Are you matching yourself with the below requirements?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a top university
- 5+ years of hands-on embedded software engineering experience using C / C++
- 3+ years of practical experience with cutting-edge technologies in computer vision and image processing
- 5+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals (software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers)
- Solid training and hands-on experience in geometric computer vision including camera calibration, stereo & multi-camera vision, object & activity recognition, multi-object tracking
- Hands-on experience in building a hardware product from scratch
- Goal-oriented, innovative and problem solver,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Excellent command of English
- No military obligation for male candidates
- Recent experience with embedded software application development and management of a customer-facing application (engineering and product management/feature definition)
- Strong business and technical vision; an ideal candidate should have shaped an organization or a business unit in a previous experience
- Knowledge in low-level hardware interface and control
- Experience in communication protocols such as MQTT, Https, Wi-Fi, BLE, TCP/IP
- Hands-on experience in a high-level programming language such as Python, Java
- Hands-on experience in ARM cortex
- Linux OS experience
- Experience in funded/non-funded R&D projects
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning
- Familiarity with OpenCV, git, GitHub, PyTorch, TensorFlow
V-Count is the leading provider of visitor analytics solutions in the world and has been selected as one of the 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Turkey under the “Deloitte Technology Fast50” for the second year in a row. It also exists in Turkey’s “10 Most Successful Start-Up” award-winning firms list. We have offices in London, Hong Kong, Dubai, Miami, Brussels, Kuala Lumpur, Istanbul, and Ankara. V-Count solutions, which are being used in over 36.000 locations in 100 countries, backed by a secure cloud-based business intelligence platform that leverages best-in-class AI and machine learning tools to analyze collected data.
If you become one of the team players in V-Count, we offer some fantastic perks;
- First and foremost, competitive salary packages with quarterly KPI pay-outs,
- Flexible working hours including the ability to work from home
- Paid Time Offs (Birthday, Vacation, Sick, Public Holidays, Maternity, Paternity, etc.)
- Different Health Care Plans Options (Medical, Dental, etc.)
- Flexible benefits such as gift cards, health insurance, etc.
- Internal portals for you to speak up your opinion
- Free online learning tools such as Udemy
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and regular feedback
- Various position possibilities of personal development in our fast-growing company
- As a company who loves to have fun at work, we have weekly, monthly celebrations and sudden surprises (Weekly Breakfasts, Happy Hours, Birthday celebrations, etc.)
- Yearly team-wide outdoor events
- Pet-friendly offices
V-Count leads the visitor analytics industry in R&D and innovation, and we are partnered with other industry-leaders like Amazon and Microsoft. We have offices in London, Hong Kong, Dubai, Miami, Brussels, Kuala Lumpur and Istanbul with a growth of 104% in turnover Year-On-Year. V-Count solutions are being used in over 36.000 locations in 100 countries, and our software has counted a total of over 11 billion people.