Just Eat is looking to hire a Senior Engineer for a team that is innovating on the order fulfilling experience for hundreds of thousands of restaurants around the world. Work with world-class engineers and other talented teams while making an impact on the design and architecture of Just Eat’s Restaurant systems. You’ll work closely with the Technology Manager and other internal business owners to set objectives that will empower Restaurant Partners to prepare, share and serve their dishes more effectively and consumers to find the food they really want to enjoy.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll be responsible for…
● Product Definition – contribute to the definition of product features, getting involved in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Managers.
● Technical Ownership – consistently produce high-quality software which fits the team’s expectations and best practices.
● Continuous improvement – improve the team’s effectiveness by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices.
● Tracking Progress – track the progress being made towards the wider goals of the team, and transparently communicates this with the team and Technology Manager.
● Operating – take responsibility for deploying and supporting their changes all the way through to prove that they work well – and continue to work well – in production.
● Communicate – transparently communicate on your progress and discuss ideas with your team and Technology Manager.
● Get involved in the definition of product features, and in workshops with your team.
Our principles are at the core of how we meet our responsibilities. As a senior member of your team, you’ll need to demonstrate those principles and make them a core part of how you work day-to-day:
● Design and build great software
● Move fast with confidence
● Secure, stable, scalable, fast and reliable platform
● Trust, control and transparency
Your Profile & Experience
● Amazon Web Services (or similar e.g Azure, Google Cloud)
● Databases e.g. SQL Server, DynamoDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL
● Experience working in a Continuous Delivery cycle
● Serverless computing and cloud architecture patterns
● Unit testing / TDD
● HTML & CSS
● REST principles
You’ll have an advantage if you have experience of…
● .NetCore/latest version of .net framework
● Working in microservices and event-driven architecture
● Serverless functions and step functions
● Performance testing
● Working within an e-commerce business where reliability is critical
Why work at Just Eat?
Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange. We’ve built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 23 countries – with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website. We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector. We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We’re passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them. No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.