As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The specific focus of the position is to extract, transform, and combine all incoming data (structured and unstructured) with the goal of discovering a previously hidden insight. The data is expected to be transformed to the format that can be easily analyzed and available (develop, test and maintain the infrastructure for data extraction).
The person will work closely with other data scientists and other business intelligence roles, like data architects, to build the business intelligence solutions.
What sets the data scientist apart is strong business acumen, coupled with the ability to understand client’s business issues and needs, consultancy skills and ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge.
• Understand business challenges and needs of the client
• Build conclusion with client about the desired business intelligence solution
• Develop, construct, test, maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
• Recommend and implement actions to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
• Discover opportunities for data acquisition
• Employ a variety of languages and tools to marry system together
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• 5 weeks of paid vacation
• Relocation assistance in the amount of 15.000 CZK paid according to Relocation Assistance Policy (this package is conditional)
• Elaborate education program for each employee – training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
• Strong career opportunities
• Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
• Above standard Medical Care
• Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
• Global Travel and Life insurance
• Contribution to the Pension fund
• IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
• Join our Succeeding@IBM Program – a structured on-boarding and development program
• Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
• Benefit from mentoring and coaching
• Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you back.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– SQL (MySQL, DB2, Oracle)
– NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)
– Graph Database (Neo4j)
– Spark, Hadoop, Hive
– Advantage: R/Python
– Self driven and self motivated person
– Strong English communication skills – communication with senior managers and IT professionals
– Proactive approach to problem solving
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.