Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The Personalization Velocity team in Nike’s Global Consumer Knowledge Center of Excellence plays a crucial role in driving our company’s machine learning efforts to fruition. As a member of the personalization velocity team in Shanghai, you will get a chance to lead multiple initiatives that solve the unique opportunities present within the Greater China digital ecosystem by creating state of the art ML algorithms to personalize Nike member’s experiences. If you are a visionary who is determined to explore creative ways of solving problems and are driven by a desire to work with big data, distributed computing, real-time recommender systems, and working with the latest ML technologies, then you will find Nike a perfect fit.
At Nike, you would be responsible for being part of a team that is building the next generation of personalized experiences that power many of our digital channels delivering direct and unbreakable relationships with hundreds of millions of our customers. We’re looking for a full-stack data scientist who will bring innovative ideas from multiple disciplines, including distributed computing, large-scale system design, analytics, machine learning, code and model optimization, UI design; to name a few. Someone who understands local data challenges, technology trends, and integration opportunities that aligns with Nike’s key strategic initiatives. A full stack data scientist who has expertise in integrating in-house marketing strategies and personalization initiatives with leading e-commerce platforms such as Tmall and WeChat. A candidate who thrives in a dynamic setting and who can help Nike accelerate our strategic personalization goals.
The velocity team operates like a startup where your contribution will have a direct impact on helping Nike accelerate personalization science capabilities in Greater China. You will be at the center of Nike’s key strategic initiative that values personalization on top of the list of our organization’s digital transformation. Work closely with our business partners in China, various personalization science teams in the world headquarters, data, and ML engineering partners. You’ll get to work with scientists and engineers with a breadth of experiences across industry and academia, including machine learning, statistics, neuroscience, and physics. This is a chance to work with incredible talent and learn skills that will take your career to the next stage.
- Drive personalization initiatives of digital experiences for Nike’s members in Greater China utilizing state-of-the art machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
- Understand, describe, and predict the shopping behavior of our members in order to optimize customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, experience, and brand loyalty
- Work closely with our business partners on identifying opportunities that would enhance our member experiences through ML solutions
- Collaborate with Nike’s privacy and legal teams, making sure we can introduce ML algorithms to the GC user base that respects local privacy and data collection regulations and guideline
- Partner with other Nike personalization science and data engineering teams to improve data collection and data integration challenges
- Integrate and expand existing personalization ML capabilities to Nike’s Chinese digital ecosystem
- B.S. in CS, statistics, applied math, physics or other quantitative discipline
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) preferred
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in a data science or machine learning engineering role
- Experience working with large scale data and analytics in a distributed computing platform such as Spark
- Experience with neural nets and deep architectures preferred
- Ability to understand, utilize and innovate on state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
- Experience with A/B test experimentation processes
- Knowledge of data structure design concepts and code/model optimization techniques
- Experience developing production ML/Data Science code in Python
- Experience leveraging big data and deploying models at scale, experience with Spark a plus
- Excellent communication and data visualization ski