We’re looking for a developer to take ownership of many areas of our backend code, including our e-commerce site, analytics for creators, and the administrative backend that runs the whole company.
You’ll be working on meaty projects all through the business, from automation in the production process and integrations with printing suppliers to the ecommerce experience and checkout optimisations. This is an exciting role for anyone looking to take ownership of a project from ideas to deployment.
Our stack is PHP + Symfony with MySQL. It’s all hosted on the AWS stack, using ECS, S3, SQS, etc. We track errors with Sentry and use New Relic for performance monitoring and optimisation.
Key responsibilities include
- Helping us build high-performance, easy to maintain, quality software. We’ve paid out £2,000,000 to creators around the world and we’re growing quickly!
- Exploring solutions to interesting problems with the product team, building prototypes and taking them through to release. We work closely with users and the team to make sure we’re solving the problems that will really help independent creators.
- Owning your own technical roadmap. For example, improving build pipelines and deployments, performance optimisation, instrumentation. We’re constantly improving our infrastructure and development process.
- Working knowledge of PHP 7 and recent use of PHP frameworks – ideally Symfony
- Comfortable with relational databases – ideally MySQL. Though we use Doctrine, there will always be SQL queries to write and optimise
- Experience working with PHPUnit and integration tests. We don’t have high test coverage, but we’re looking to improve it in 2020
Nice to haves
- An understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with applications at some scale. We have some big traffic spikes and are growing quickly
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, Datadog etc) and automated testing frameworks
- Competitive salary and share options. We all share in Everpress’ success
- Work from home Wednesdays and flexible working hours
- A plant filled, relaxed working environment
- Weekly team lunch, drinks and fruit bowls on tap
- Company away days and team experiences over bonuses
- Managing your own work-load & plenty of freedom
We are a global marketplace and platform giving creators the tools to manufacture, promote, sell and distribute their own limited-edition apparel through pre-order campaigns (and helping shoppers make better buying decisions in the process).
Our mission is to champion creativity, supporting grassroots creators while reducing the waste in fashion. Think ASOS for the new generation.
We are an ambitious, tight-knit and happy bunch who get together and get stuff done out of our lovely Dalston office (right behind the best coffee shop in London). A typical week involves fruit bowls, team sports, trips to the pub and free-lunch Fridays. ✌️
Read more on our careers site: https://careers.everpress.com/backend-developer/en
Everpress provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Profit sharing/share options
- Company events & social hours
- Wellness programmes
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year
Everpress is a global marketplace built to make the power of independent creativity come to life in the easiest, most ethical way.
Here you’ll find a curated emporium of original clothing designs with the tools to help people promote, sell, manufacture and distribute their own creations with no risk and no waste; a genuine alternative to the tyranny and wastefulness of conventional retail.
We’re on a mission to empower creative independence in a commercial world.
Working together: We are first and foremost a community of creators who support each other. We learn together, we grow together.
Behind the scenes, our culture thrives on trust and independence driven by our mandate to: Remove risk; Simplify production; Eliminate waste; Promote independent creativity; Elevate community.
If you believe there’s a better way to make things, we want to work with you. Challenge us. Push us. Help us learn.