The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute .
Location – This position is 100% remote
GitLab is looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join the Strategy & Operations team.
In this role, you will maintain content sites for GitLab, including the public handbook that GitLab is so well known for. Your goals will be to improve the end-to-end contributor experience for other team members. This includes everything from the look and feel of the handbook to making content discoverable and making content management more efficient for all GitLab team members. You will answer team member questions, triage and respond to queries, coordinate with stakeholders on structural changes and ownership issues, while also maintaining and improving CI/CD pipelines.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Extends the responsibilities and requirements of the Senior or Staff level Fullstack Engineer
- Reports into a team member of the Strategy and Operations Team , an organization that rolls into the CEO
- Perform enhancements to the look-and-feel of the published handbooks
- Help facilitate the support process for Content Sites by answering team member questions and triaging/responding to issues
- Coordinate with various stakeholders regarding site content or structure changes, including helping mediate potential – ownership issues encountered when refactoring or splitting up existing shared code/content/infrastructure
- Maintain and improve the CI/CD pipelines, build processes, and review environments
- Improve content-authoring experience and tooling
- Perform and/or coordinate/delegate resolution of any other content sites issues related to infrastructure, code, – architecture, projects, security, CI/CD, builds, deployments, upgrades, performance, scalability, metrics, monitoring, etc
- A champion for the dogfooding of GitLab features on Content Sites and related infrastructure
- Professional experience with static site generators like Hugo, Middleman, or Nuxt
- Expert in at least one major programming language, preferably Go and Typescript
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers , and clear status updates
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing , with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Share our values , and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap . You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Candidates for this speciality can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page .
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 80 minute technical and fit interview with the Hiring Manager on the Strategy and Operations team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 80 minute interview with one of our Fullstack Engineers
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 50 minute interviews with the Chief of Staff to the CEO
- Next, candidates may be invited to schedule a 25 minute behavioral interview with the CEO
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $100,800 – $183,600 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity . Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S.
- 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation , please let us know during the recruiting process .