In Content Knowledge, we believe that by combining multiple sources of metadata, extracting information from the audio signal, and harnessing specialist curation, we can be in a unique position to have the richest and most accurate catalogue of audio in the world. By deriving reliable, rich knowledge from data, we are empowering Spotify’s teams to iterate faster and build impactful new products.
Our audio processing team is looking for a full-stack engineer to build annotation tools. The data from these tools will be used to build evaluation and training datasets for ML algorithms, which will enrich our understanding of the music and podcasts on Spotify. Come join our team of hardworking engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will build the annotation tools that power our team, collaborate with a multi-functional team and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do
- Work in a high-performance, autonomous team of engineers and collaborate with specialists throughout Spotify such as data scientists, product managers and researchers
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you ambitious tasks to solve and the time needed to acquire new skills
Who You Are
- You have experience building and maintaining web applications
- You’re excited by the opportunity to work across a broad range of technologies rather than being a specialist in one area
- You have experience deploying and operating services in a cloud environment such as GCP or AWS
- You are passionate about writing high-quality codeYou have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are enthusiastic about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current standard methodologies in your areas of expertise
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.