At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
DIRECTOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER – SRE
We believe that “through sports we have the power to change lives”. adidas digital products are the most powerful tool we have, to touch the lives of our consumers.
At adidas, SRE is a capability that ensures stability and reliability of products built and run on large scale, distributed systems which in turn provide exceptional, uninterrupted User Experience for our Web and Mobile platforms.
As individuals, we are creative, collaborative and confident. As a team, we are agile, are empowered to make change, and are obsessed with maintaining stable and reliable platforms for our consumers.
• Lead an engineering team: Working to setup the SRE practice and the corresponding change management involved. Grow an inspiring, inclusive, and collaborative environment, working with Product Owners, Engineering Managers and other Tech. Leads to plan out new initiatives, managing both technical and non-technical risks. You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team. Implementing and driving the Site Reliability Engineering within adidas. Be involved in recruitment to help make our Site Reliability Engineering team stronger. Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture. Discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organization.
• Cultivate system architecture for a set of product services/applications: Establish a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in achieving the outcome for entire digital organization. Shepherd the team towards the Technical Vision in small increments improve our modern infrastructure and deployment platform that currently enables over 100 deploys a week. Communicate technical topics or constraints to non-technical stakeholders in easily- understandable ways. Grow architectural understanding and champion system stability and reliability within the team.
• Develop and Mentor our engineers: Demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean and well-tested code with the team. Guide the team to continually improve the infrastructure and tools for our development process to speed up feedback and improve quality. Grow our passionate engineers through coaching and mentoring and finding new opportunities to learn through the continuous delivery of value. Demonstrate behaviors that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic engineering attitude at adidas.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
1. Strong awareness and experience of working with Site Reliability Engineering principles.
2. At least 10-year experience in IT experience with 7 years in relevant area (DevOps / SRE).
3. Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader.
4. College or university degree with focus on IT or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proficient spoken and written command of English.
6. Specific technical skills:
• Demonstrated understanding of Microservices architecture and best practices.
• Good understanding of public cloud offerings such as AWS components like EC2, IAM, RDS, Cloudwatch etc.
• Knowledge of server-side technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, NodeJS, Java.
• Hands on experience on enterprise tools set such as Grafana, Instana, Prometheus, ELK Stack etc.
• Understanding of Linux and Networking systems.
• Has experience in any scripting language (bash / python / perl).
• Good experience with CI/CD pipelines including BitBucket, Jenkins.
• Experience operating high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed software in production: building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts.
• Knowledge of Agile software development principles including using JIRA.
• Experience in 24/7 high availability production environment.
• Experience with building Rest APIs, API Integration, and Web Services is preferred.
• Exposure to ITIL processes.
7. International Experience – ideally working abroad and mobile in leadership roles.
8. Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably when confronted with risk and uncertainty.
MAIN TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
• Microservices architecture.
• Messaging and Streaming frameworks (RabbitMQ / Kafka)
• Docker & Kubernetes
• Monitoring and alerting: Grafana, Instana, Prometheus, ELK etc.
• Scripting language (bash / python / perl).
• CI/CD: Jenkins, BitBucket, Jenkins.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• You will be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
• You will join a team of talented and passionate engineers, with a lot of opportunities to grow and reach your expectations.
• You will be part of the growing adidas Tech Community, leading, driving and coordinating the IT strategy for a core strategic area of our business.
• You will be part of a highly engaged, multinational with international career opportunities.
• Individual development, training and a tech community.
• Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility.
• Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products.
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.