What You’ll Do
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team at Cisco drives the technology that’s transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. As an Engineering Manager, you will be a key member of the team supporting the existing network as a service platform that runs our (and our customers’) business, as well as building the team that is designing, developing, and running the next-gen systems that will carry Cisco’s new security and network SASE offerings. This is a small team that does big things. At its core, the Cloud Infrastructure team provides Infrastructure as a Service for engineering in dozens of our data centres, globally.
Who You’ll Work With
The experience of members on the team is wide and multifaceted, allowing us to see multiple perspectives of any challenge that comes our way. We are a team that is supportive of learning and experimentation.
This full-stack engineering team is a mix of engineers who have come from network, systems, and software engineering roles and experiences.
We work closely with other Cisco Security product engineering teams developing customer-facing security services and with the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering teams building core Internet infrastructure and distributed systems to help deliver the services globally more optimally and efficiently at scale.
The team invests heavily on continual improvement in automation and optimisation. Everything needs to scale horizontally and autonomously with stability, resiliency at high performance with the flexibility to adapt. We take phenomenal pride in building and operating one of the most hyper-connected and highly optimised global Anycast networks in the world.
Who You Are
As the manager of this team, you will lead engineers to develop solutions to extend and enhance the services offered by our platform. You will guide the team in producing the best technical and product solutions for the platform, and work with product managers and business leaders to understand which customer problems we should solve and how to solve them.
Some of the things you will work on
- Collaborate with product management and business leadership to define platform strategy and roadmap
- Strengthen engineering process, principles, and culture within your team and across the organisation
- Provide technical and architectural vision for one or more platform services
- Drive operational excellence, quality, agility, and ever-increasing scale
- Support continuous learning and professional development for yourself and your team
The team could be a good fit for you if several of these apply to you
- You have experience leading engineering teams focused on delivery
- You are energised by working on infrastructure, distributed applications, platform and product development
- You want to have a direct impact on the development of a new Network infrastructure platform
- You care deeply about creating solutions with security built-in from the beginning
- Enjoy working collaboratively with a team
- Are deeply customer-focused, and love learning
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.