Cisco AppDynamics is the Full Stack Observability company. We enable customers with real-time insights into applications, servers, networks, security, business KPIs, user experiences, and more. This helps our customers rationalise and improve their complex and often geographically disparate architectures, accelerating their digital transformation from a reactive to a proactive culture. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
Cisco was voted #1 best company to work for by Fortune 100 best places to work!
We are FSO. We are Cisco. The Bridge to Possible.
About the Role
As a Sales Engineer at Cisco AppDynamics, you will be responsible for providing world class full customer lifecycle sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on application performance management and AppDynamics. You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasise AppDynamics’ industry leading APM solutions. During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating AppDynamics’ ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer’s production environment. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
You will work on a range of accounts from large listed Enterprises to exciting small-medium business.
To be a successful Sales Engineer at Cisco AppDynamics, you don’t need to have experience as a sales engineer. Anyone with a desire to be in customer-facing role and can demonstrates a passion and a curiosity for solving technology and business problems can be successful. You are ambitious, self-motivated, and ideally have experience with performance management technologies and techniques and cloud native architecture.
Other qualifications we are looking for include:
- 1+ years experience working with IaaS and PaaS offerings in one or more of the following cloud service providers: Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud native architecture.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in Dutch and English mandatory.
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ.
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting.
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts.
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
- Ability to work on multiple opportunities concurrently.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Experience with application performance management technologies and techniques.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift.
- Conceptual knowledge of OpenTelemetry and, more broadly, Observability.
- Experience with common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as NET, ASMX, WCF, MSMQ, etc.
- Experience with common Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series, etc.
Why Join Us?
Other than working with amazing and innovative technology fueled with a curious culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities, we provide amazing employee benefits as well, like:
- Competitive compensation for work, along with participation in the Cisco Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- A generous time off policy with an extra day as our birthday gift. We also offer up to 4 weeks of emergency situation time off.
- Supporting volunteer activities by offering additional paid time off (up to 5 days a year) and match donations.
- Providing opportunities to broaden horizons by attending popular conferences, team outing events, subscriptions to popular training platforms and an exceptional catalogue of internal self-paced learning.
- Emphasis on an importance in family and a work/life balance; therefore, our leaders believe in flexible work from home, baby gifts, maternity & paternity support, employee and family assistance, along with expert medical resources.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.
- We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.
lved is an award-winning, dynamic, and ambitious performance marketing agency based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
We differentiate ourselves by providing game-changing results for our clients, acquired thanks to deep knowledge, constant learning, and years of experience managing digital marketing strategies.
With ambitious growth plans, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Evolved team. We’re big on people, offering exciting and genuine opportunities to develop and progress, and offer a healthy dose of team member perks that go way beyond the ordinary.
Please note, if we receive a high response for this role we may close the campaign early.
About the Role
Our mission is to attract, empower, and retain the best talent in the industry, and the role of the Head of People & Talent is to continue making this a reality as part of an exciting growth plan.
We are looking for someone to understand the company objectives and construct plans and strategies to improve recruitment performance and talent management.
The role currently has two direct reports, with this set to increase, so we need a candidate that can switch between operations and strategy as the business continues to grow.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Accountability for the development, planning, and strategy for People and Talent activities across the business.
- Understand the business’ overall headcount growth plans and create a robust internal recruitment strategy that aims to achieve these ambitions.
- Proactively promote the business and create a pipeline of potential talent that is aligned with the company mission, vision, and values.
- Oversee all HR functions and take ownership of the agency’s ‘People’ pillar.
- Sustain company culture in line with our headcount growth, keeping our values and EDI expectations at the forefront of plans.
- Develop and implement Evolved’s people policies and practices, ensuring all legal requirements are met.
- Act as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and attend regular meetings to own and deliver people-related agenda items.
- Report on performance and progress to the Board on a monthly basis.
- Build and manage a multidisciplinary team across People and Talent.
- Develop, monitor, and implement the company’s people management strategy.
- Develop and implement employee retention strategies
- Understand workforce planning and resource forecasting.
- Work closely with department heads and leads to ensure team members are performing, and provide coaching and mentoring when needed.
- Adopt a data-driven approach, monitoring and reporting on KPIs across all aspects of People and Talent.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments and strategies within the agency sector.
- Adopt an experimental approach to seek out new methods to help keep our agency one step ahead of the competition.
What we’re looking for
Desired skills and attributes:
- Genuine interest in the happiness and satisfaction of the employees you support; embracing the business’ dedicated approach to culture.
- Previous experience working as a senior leader to deliver appropriate people strategies and a good overall understanding of company finances.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced HR team, providing first-class support.
- Experience in developing and supporting line managers.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills are required together with a solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
What we’ll offer you
Skills and experience like yours come at a price, we get it. In addition to a fair and competitive salary (DOE), we also offer our team members:
- A rewarding role with a clear progression route, evolving salary, and the chance to be part of a specialist, award-winning agency.
- A 4-day working week! We’re one of the only employers in the North East to offer a 4-day week as standard with no impact on pay.
- Hybrid office and remote working.
- Flexible working and sliding start/finish times around core hours.
- An enhanced holiday package that offers way more than your average.
- Premium private health insurance.
- Advanced maternity, paternity, and adoption packages.
- A personal training budget to help you progress, learn, and develop in your role.
- Fantastic, spacious offices slap-bang in the middle of central Newcastle with restaurants and bars on the doorstep, free snacks, and relaxed culture.
- Regular social activities, charity initiatives, conferences, awards, and events, plus one of the best Christmas parties in the biz.
- A time allowance for charity work, enabling you to support causes you’re passionate about during working hours.
Get in touch
If this all sounds good to you, and this role matches your expertise and experience, then we’d love to hear from you!
We respond to all candidates as standard, but please be patient with us as it may take us the duration of the campaign to get back to you. We like to keep candidate details on file if the role we have live may not be for you, but we absolutely need you in our team. We do this by holding your details in our talent pool in line with our GDPR policy.
Note: We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage/civil partnerships.