LIFE AT SATALIA
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer true flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements celebrated.
As an Information Security & Compliance Officer, you will be working within Satalia’s Base circle, which is focused on enabling Satalia to operate securely and efficiently by providing and maintaining the right digital and physical infrastructure and policies.
You’ll take responsibility for ensuring that Satalia is aligned to the right frameworks and standards for compliance, based on the needs of corporate responsibilities, strategic partners, and current and emerging regulators.
Working with the CIO, you will participate in the development and implementation of policies, as well as proactively monitoring, reviewing and investigating information security risk across the business.
You’ll be supporting teams working on cutting edge projects across FTSE 100 clients with a major focus on bringing about real social and environmental change, such as reducing the fuel admissions of a major supermarket by 11.2 million miles through our proprietary optimisation solutions.
- Assist with the implementation, administration and maintenance of Satalia’s ISMS.
- Assist with annual review and submission of Cyber Essentials Plus certification.
- Plan, prepare and undertake internal audit activities.
- Support, review and undertake straightforward risk management activities.
- Assist with Satalia’s data protection programme including maintaining records of processing.
- Support the establishment of an appropriate protective security organisational posture to encourage an effective risk-based approach to security across the estate, considering political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental considerations.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with colleagues to embed and encourage a positive culture for information security and data protection.
- Support colleagues with other information security, data protection, risk and compliance related activities, when required.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- Demonstrable experience of managing compliance and certification (eg. ISO27001, Cyber Essentials) including leading organisations or complex business units through certification and recertification processes.
- Experience with the details and practical application of current data protection legislation, and possess an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- Awareness of information security, the current technology landscape, and data-, software- and platform- as a service models.
- Ability to identify and assess security or technology risk, implementing risk mitigation methods.
- Demonstrable experience of managing an organisation or complex business unit’s risk register, day-to-day maintenance, and risk reporting.
- Demonstrable experience of running risk and compliance review, management and escalation processes.
- A willingness and keenness to self-develop and learn, in particular about the wider information security and data protection domains.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Nice To Have Qualifications / Skills
- Experience of completing data protection impact assessments.
- Experience of completing security assurance questionnaires.
- Experience of delivering security or data protection awareness training
- Experience or an understanding of vulnerability management and penetration testing.
- Experience with G Suite from an administrative perspective.
- Experience of automating risk management processes.
- Development – focus on bringing the best out of each other
- Annual bonus – when Satalia does well, we all do well
- Remote working – café, bedroom, beach – wherever works
- Impactful projects – focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change
- People oriented culture – wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person
- Truly flexible working hours – school pick up, volunteering, gym – no problem
- Unlimited holiday allowance – for all those 2020 staycations
- Transparent and open culture – you will be heard
Satalia is home to some of the brightest minds in AI and if you’re looking to join a company who not only values autonomy and freedom, but embraces a culture of inclusion and warmth, we’d love to hear from you.
We aim to respond to all applications within 2 weeks. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks this means your application has been unsuccessful. Good luck!