Our mission in the Unity profiling development team is to produce industry leading performance monitoring and analysis technologies, offering our users insightful and actionable views onto the performance of their applications. Our key objective is to produce a unified profiling and optimization offering that is inherently stable, performant and trustworthy. We want to help our users help themselves to solve their performance problems.
You will be joining and leading an experienced and friendly team working on profiling and performance technologies inside our global R&D organization. You will be working day-to-day on the Unity profiling technology stack including in-editor, runtime and on-device development. You will be assisting and directing the team in their roadmap planning and deliverables as well as their interactions with internal and external partners. You’ll work with us in a couple of lovely converted farm buildings, surrounded by sheep and tractors! Our office environment is informal, relaxed and frequently full of cake. With your help, titles built with Unity will continue to be some of the best being created.
- Lead the development process and help each team member collaborate and contribute
- Work as part of the development team at every point in the product development cycle to help define and answer performance related questions
- Code up solutions, working at every layer of the software stack, balancing time against supporting other engineers’ needs
- Work with teams within Unity (and externally) to help build extensible, cohesive and consistent tooling for Unity’s present and future technologies
- Maintain existing technology, improving performance, testability, stability and usability
- Experience in leading and mentoring
- Passion for profiling and performance tooling
- An interest in making data meaningful and actionable
- Good C/C++ & C# programming knowledge
- Platform specific low level knowledge
- Optimisation experience
- Games development experience
- Experience as technical director or team lead
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.