- Guiding and overseeing our programmers as well as mentoring them
- Coordinating tasks and creating guidelines, including expansive documentation
- Establishing quality benchmarks and demonstrating knowledge
- Remain hands-on with the code
- Playing an active part in the recruitment of new candidates
- Responsible for tools that go along with features; ensure they are useable and appropriate for artists, games, and the engine
- Be forward thinking – able to keep up-to-date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc. and integrate them into development
- Min. 5 years in games-development
- Exceptional C++ programming skills and experience with multi-threaded programming techniques
- At least two PS4/Xbox One/WiiU/PS3/X360 games shipped, at least one while being involved during the entire development cycle
- Passion for mathematics and complex algorithms
- Good understanding and practical experience of optimization
- Experience managing and leading a team of programmers with various experience levels
- Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent English
- Additional management qualifications
- Extensive SPU and threading experience
- Substantial DX11, DX12, GNM or Vulkan experience
- Familiarity with a wide range of graphical rendering techniques
- Experience working on all aspects for gameplay programming
- Console experience on multiple major platforms
- Extensive optimization experience with Razor, GPAD, PIX and Spark (and any other relevant profilers)
- Unreal 4 experience
- You will directly report to our Technical Director
- Regular communication with our producers
Skype interview (case-by-case)
Test-Task (ca. 8 hours, can be spread on two/three days, we will look more at the approach than at the result)*
Ideally on-site interview if possible + presentation of previous work
About Black Forest Games GmbH
Founded in 2012 and located in Offenburg, Germany, we are a team of about 60 highly experienced international professionals. We share the passion and drive for developing video games. Some of us are working together in game development for more than 20 years.
Over our years of experience, we have specialized in developing high-quality games across varying genres and platforms. BFG’s most popular recent titles include innovative platformers such as Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and Rogue Stormers. Our latest announced project is Fade To Silence, a one-of-a-kind survival-adventure in a unique open-world setting.
The studio is located in the beautiful region between the German Black Forest and the French Vosges, very close to the French border.
Since August 2017 we are part of the THQ Nordic group. With the strong background of one of Europe’s biggest publishers and the culture of an independent game developer we are set to fulfill our vision: To develop original games that emphasize high visual quality, engaging gameplay and technical excellence and to become one of the top developers in the industry.