Senior Android Developer for Biometrics and Identity Management
As an Android development engineer in the Government Platform & Services Core Team, you will contribute to fulfilling the marketing vision of governmental services based on secure electronic documents and electronic identity. You will be exposed to issuance and reading of secure documents (passports, ID cards), biometric devices, mobile handset devices, cryptography, online transactions, and digital identity management. You will learn which principles are making the modern e-government a reality.
Our mobile application development is focused mainly on verification of secure documents and citizens’ identity, acquisition of biometric data, communication with backed biometric databases, and multi-factor authentication methods. We rely on Thales’ experience with digital security and bring it to the mobile world.
A week in the life of a Senior Android developer:
- You will work in a small team of developers, cooperate closely with the product owner on product delivery in the required time frame and quality.
- You will analyze the product needs and contribute to product specifications.
- You will design UML architecture and contribute to the implementation of reusable software components.
- You will work on proofs-of-concept of new technologies and innovative solutions.
- You will give support to developers from other teams who are using your source codes or binaries.
- You will contribute to user documentation of your software.
- You will be involved in the qualification and integration of new mobile devices for the area of government services (e.g. mobile biometric identification terminals).
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have good knowledge of Android platform and mobile application development, a good understanding of web technologies, experience with continuous integration.
- It would be an advantage if you have experience with other mobile platforms and programming languages (iOS, Windows Mobile, Xamarin), experience with biometry, cryptography, security topics, and agile methodologies.
- We are looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience in SW development and 1 year of professional experience with development on the Android platform.
- You must be fluent in English.