Are you passionate about the Android platform, and interested in solving tough problems on mobile? Would you like to be part of a small team making a huge impact in how we build products here at Intuit?
Come join our new Small Business Core team as Software Developer 2 – Android. We are a small but mighty group of awesome engineers building the next generation mobile platform and QuickBooks apps that cater to small business and self employed customers. You will be working with a team of passionate energetic software developers in a fast-paced, innovative and inclusive environment. Our focus is all about building stuff and less on politics, barriers, and titles. We are a small, passionate team but get the full benefits of the bigger Intuit.
What You Can Look Forward To
- Health and Dental Benefits
- $1000 towards your health and wellness expenses
- Flexible hours and three weeks paid vacation
- An inclusive environment
- Mentorship and career growth
- Company socials, meditation room, pool table and games room, free massages
- RRSP matching, ESPP contributions, annual bonus
- Working at the company ranked #1 in the Great Place to Work survey 2019
What you’ll bring
- You take pride in creating Android magic and love exploring mobile device capabilities, latest advancements in the Kotlin language and are curious to know what is happening in the Mobile development world
- 2 or more years of experience in Android, Kotlin, and Java
- Good understanding of Git, Fastlane
- Experience with web services (consuming and/or creating) with REST/GraphQL
- Experience with mobile build and deploy tools like Gradle
- Deep customer empathy and ability to quickly translate insights into mockups, wireframes, and working proof-of-concept code
- Expertise in quickly translating design (Zeplin/Illustrator) into working Android code
- Ability to mock out server side dependencies to move fast. Knowledge of server side development processes, tools, and technology is a huge plus
- Strong bias to action – bring ideas to life quickly through prototyping, experimentation and a JFDI attitude. Basically someone who can get stuff done
- Solid communication skills: Demostrated ability to explain complex techical issues to bothh technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web or mobile applications
- Experience with social, mobile, cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highy scalable and available web applications
- Always be learning: experience with open source technologies (if no proactical work experience with big data, or cutting edge front-end technology – you’re prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solutions)
How you will lead
- Work with the triad of product managers, designers and engineers building the solutions that our customer love to use everyday
- Design, architect and implement durable components that will help us deliver beautiful customer experiences faster and with high quality
- Deep customer empathy to understand the customer pain point and build solutions based on customer backed data
- Move fast without breaking things
- Coach and mentor junior engineers in the team
- Be the champion of learn-teach-learn by bringing industry best practices into the team and sharing the knowledge with the team and implementing them
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. We’re the proud makers of TurboTax, QuickBooks, and Mint. Our products and services help more than 50M people around the world put more money in their pockets, with less work and greater confidence.
From uncovering data patterns for how wealth is created, to designing conversational interfaces that deliver personalized experiences, we’re putting AI, ML, and an unrivaled set of data to work to help millions of people achieve financial freedom. Advance your skills in an innovative, diverse, and collaborative environment where technology makes an impact worldwide.
Our culture and entrepreneurial spirit have earned us a spot on “Best Companies to Work For” lists year after year. We’re dedicated to living our mission of powering prosperity, not just through our products, but through our social impact initiatives. Through our Prosperity Hubs, we’re bringing new jobs, teaching new skills, and supporting small businesses in distressed communities to help local economies rebuild and thrive.
Career Areas: Software Engineering, Product Management, Mobile, UX / User Design, Data, QA, IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Tax, and more.