About the job
Our Marketplace department is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer who cares and thinks as much about enabling a great end-to-end customer experience as they do about technology. You will work as part of a cross-functional mission team with top-notch developers, designers, analysts and product managers. If you are interested in contributing to the success of a web platform that is used by millions of travellers around the world then keep on reading!
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, designers and analysts
- Help to enable your mission team to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Mentor other team members and be involved with hiring
- We use modern technology like Vanilla ES6 with Babel, Gulp, SCSS, Webpack, Koa
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis building and best practices
- Experience with the architecture and deployment of complex websites
- Willingness and ability to touch backend PHP code when needed
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of frameworks and toolchains such as Vue.js, Node.js and Gulp
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 68 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ dreams into reality!