Lean Scale is a stealth startup based in Dubai. We build an Amoeba kind of organization, where we have small distributed autonomous teams to support our client base to disrupt their business and to disrupt ourselves as well. We follow Exponential Organizations (EXO) principles. We co-build & co-scale products and ventures. Our client base in the MENA region is a starting point where we believe there is a huge disruption opportunity and we are building distributed teams based in Turkey, Belarus, Ukraine & Sri Lanka.
We are building a component-based, headless digital commerce product where different clients can shape their experience with ease of configuration.
The Services We Provide
1. Digital Disruption / Transformation Journey: We run catered EXO(Exponential Organizations) Sprint together and decide Core and Edge ideas to identify potential disruption for a client business. We define the team structure, build, incubate and run these new digital businesses.
2. Innovation Scan / Investment Due Diligence: We scan the startups and perform due diligence to acquire, acquihire or invest in startups.
3. Start-up Accelerator: We hand-picked pre-seed to seed stage startups who have the positive potential and momentum of EXO and invest our time.
4. Team Building: We help our clients to build their digital capability by defining an operating model, idea-to-delivery framework, finding and hiring the remote-culture team, and building MVP following EXO Principles.
5. SaaS Tool Evaluation & Implementation: We evaluate relevant catalyst and accelerator SaaS concepts and tools to become EXO, PoC and implement them.
6. Market Entry: We support global clients to have successful MENA market entry following EXO principles.
7. Black Ops Team: We support big consultancy houses for the crucial and challenging period of the projects as white-label Black-Ops team.
8. Operation Gaia: We hire M-Shaped Entrepreneurial People. We encourage them to spin-off new startups from Lean Scale.
Job Purpose / Executive Summary:
At the moment we are looking for a Backend Developer who has experience with Node.JS. This person will be responsible to lead and own a variety of product development initiatives including, but not limited to enhancing and supporting our existing products; designing and building the new versions of the products and developing & enhancing the APIs for internal and external consumption.
To work with the solution’s blueprint provided, design the technical specifications, be part of the core development and the code review process. Translate business needs into effective technical solutions using several core technologies. To properly map the business requirements to the product capabilities and layout the extensions wherever possible or to develop the bespoke components.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design & develop technical solutions that cater to the business needs using NodeJS with Express framework. (TypeScript knowledge is preferred).
- Design and implement the REST API’s which will be placed as a middleware service between end user applications and e-commerce backend engines.
- Design scalable solutions that are suited in the architecture with better handling and queue implementations.
- Enable the business units by supplying a rapidly deliverable solution architecture.
- Document the design of the infrastructure with unit tests, integration tests and mock responses.
- Responsible for the quality of the deliverables of the project against requirements and promoted lead practices.
- Partner with project teams to clarify requirements, initiate solutions and develop deliverable software in the iterations of Scrum.
- Build a reusable framework that will expedite launching of new brands on the same platform.
- Implement caching and full-text searching capabilities on API level when requested.
- Willing to work in GMT+3 time zone (+/- 2 hours would be fine)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent field.
- 3+ years experience as a NodeJS developer technical projects and resources
- Expert-level NodeJS and Express framework knowledge is required.
- Strong in software engineering, design patterns, including design of microservice architecture
- Good knowledge of relational databases, message queue brokers, object-oriented concepts, version control tools, and continuous integration concept
- Strong API design skills with solid principles in designing and building RESTful web services
- Experience with application debugging, performance profiling and performance optimization at scale
- Experience working with key-value storages and queuing tools like Redis, Memcached, and RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, as well as non-relational data storage (MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- “Web-speed” development (weekly releases) and are comfortable delivering with tight deadlines and short release cycles.
- Good knowledge of unix systems and GNU/Linux
- Agile development methodology and continuous integration.
- JIRA/Clickup issue management tool
- AWS knowledge (IaC, Lambdas etc) is a plus.