This is a unique opportunity to lead the test automation effort for one of our agile development teams during an exciting period of hypergrowth. You’ll work closely with the product manager and lead developer to architect and deliver automated test solutions that will help Time Doctor scale and support its rapidly growing user base. All of this will be achieved through your ability to deliver test automation and to communicate effectively with our talented remote-first engineering teams. You’ll benefit from significant autonomy and working with a modern tech stack on a product with traction and significant growth opportunities.
- Expand our current test automation and test coverage, enhancing it through your knowledge of test automation
- Collaborate with all team members at the product and engineering level to understand how new features should be tested and to contribute to the delivery of automated tests
- Develop new tests for the Time Doctor front-end and back-end APIs and services (unit, integration, end-to-end, and performance testing)
- Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments
- Lead and promote test automation and quality within the Time Doctor cloud team
- Work closely with the product development team and other internal teams to understand the software requirements and to ensure that quality is a key consideration
- Help establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that we’re using industry best practices
- Participate in all aspects of quality assurance, including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
Required Skills & Experience
To be the best fit for this job, you’ll have:
- A few years of experience working in a node development environment as a hands-on engineer or a software automation developer in test.
- Had significant experience and success delivering products in a SaaS environment during the growth phase.
- Countless examples of how you’ve inspired development teams to improve quality.
- Worked closely with product managers to understand and deliver features that contribute to their vision.
- Expertise in a test automation toolset that compliments a team working with Angular/Node.js/MongoDB.
- A personality that thrives on learning and adapting to new technologies.
- Interest in finding a remote-first role and the ability to flourish in such an environment.
- Experience in working as part of a team delivering test automation through a CI/CD pipeline, regularly delivering code to production (ideally in a SaaS company).
- Experience working with agile methodologies on software development teams.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to contribute to technical discussions.
Our vision is to be the most trusted time-tracking and productivity application for remote teams. We help companies and employees do their best work. We are looking for people passionate about spreading the practice of remote work with all of the benefits that come with it. We believe that remote teams can be more effective than office-based teams, that geography should not limit your career prospects, and that people should be able to work from wherever they want.
We’re a diverse global team of over 100 people working 100% remotely in over 30 different countries. We’re looking for an innovative Software Developer in Test ready to help us modernize remote work.