You will be a foundational hire in our newly formed UK Games Studio, helping us build the next generation of Games on our SpatialOS platform.
As part of the Improbable Game Studio, you will have an opportunity to define the next generation of deeply interactive online experiences. Help us create games that allow for new depths of simulation, destruction, and physical interaction at an unprecedented scale. Our technology allows us to experiment with genuinely new mechanics, both big and small. We’re learning new skills within a massively networked environment that we believe is the future of gaming.
Areas for impact
- You will be a key member of the gameplay and UI teams
- Your role is to build world class UI within the Unreal engine using UMG
- You care about the software you create and value quality of code over rapid development
- You strive to collaborate with other developers to find elegant solutions, and understand how to gather requirements for the systems you create and you should be comfortable working closely with UX designers
- You are player focused and push to set the bar for how we implement features on the project.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You are capable of independent work within a skill-set (e.g.: Programming, debugging, debugging, maths etc…)
- You have a good understanding of common UI technologies, processes and software development
- You are able to generate tasks for their backlog with guidance from the code leadership
- You have skills in one or more common programming languages, C, C++, C#
- You have experience with Unreal Engine 4 and UMG (preferable)
- You’re able to independently use documentation and guides to complete work or overcome impediments
- You’re comfortable working closely with UX designers.
NB. While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.