Experienced gameplay programmers are called to join the Rebellion Oxford studio, to work on a brand new exclusive title based on our own successful IP. This unannounced title based on a popular and growing series is already being developed on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC – we want you to become part of the team! Our gameplay programmers are supported by Rebellion’s industry-leading bespoke multi-platform game engine Asura, custom tools suite and dedicated engine coders. There is also scope to transition into engine development in the future.
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
For Experienced Programmers we look for at least 2 years’ professional C++ games experience. Any experience with consoles, particularly PS4 or Xbox One will be an advantage. A strong academic background is also preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject.
- Develop and implement new gameplay code, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, combat systems, AI, UI, audio code, etc
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards
- Maintain and debug your own and existing code
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance per console
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Excellent C/C++ skills at a professional level
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to prototype as well as producing final code
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills, as well as teamworking with game developers from all disciplines across the project
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction
- Any knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development, and/or development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems would be an advantage
- A genuine interest in playing games
Rebellion are one of Europe's largest independent game developers working on great games, including some of the top franchises in the world, for top publishers and on a range of formats covering Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Wii, Facebook, PC, iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Oculus Rift.
We have studios in Oxford and Liverpool (Runcorn) in the United Kingdom, and also publish the legendary 2000AD comic featuring Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors and many more characters.