We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We’re looking for a seasoned multi-platform software engineering to help expand our mobile app delivery capabilities. Your responsibilities will be focused on optimizing our Unity3D/iOS/Android build and release pipeline so that teams can deliver games and features with speed and confidence!
As a DoubleDown engineer, you will focus on the quality and optimization of our high DAU and revenue casino game, familiarizing yourself with features and architecture to help test, optimize and release on a frequent schedule.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We’re DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What You Should Bring To The Table
- In-Depth knowledge of the Unity3D platform
- Solid grasp of object-oriented programming concepts
- Comfortable with shell-scripting and console (bash) in an OSX environment
- Demonstrated experience working on a team to deliver a product to market
Other Cards You Might Be Holding
- Experience with integrating Unity CI/CD solutions in Jenkins, Maven, TeamCity or Bamboo
- Working on a team using Perforce as a source control
- Attention to detail and a love for continuous improvement with the ability to express this with good documentation and communication
Placing Your Best Bet – The Responsibilities
- Participating in the software development lifecycle of our mobile gaming app
- Assisting other engineers in optimizing their code for delivery
- Designing and implementing continuous integration and test solutions
- Documenting merge, build and release steps throughout the entire lifecycle
- Monitoring the efficiency of our process and stability of our releases
Hitting the jackpot
In your first year at DoubleDown you will help expand and optimize our game deployment process. Our users will benefit from your work by seeing more games, more often, with faster startups and less download times. You’ll help our engineering team have an optimized process for moving features from development workstreams to releases. Additionally, your dedication to our continuous integration pipeline will support our test engineers and help us catch bugs earlier and faster. All of this will positively affect our bottom line and help DoubleDown Fort Knox be one of the top social casino games on the market.
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over a video game, ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building, and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to our kitchen or coffee bar fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn’t cool enough, you’ll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason why we’re the best place in Seattle to work? We’re committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer; we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To learn about us, please visit us here and watch us here!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
About DoubleDown Interactive
Located in Seattle, WA., DoubleDown Interactive is the leading casual games developer of "fun to play" casino experiences on the Internet. We are focused on a continuous effort to provide social gamers with unique and compelling gaming experiences. Our games are fun and lucrative, with each game having an underlying business model that generates lucrative revenue streams in the virtual goods economy.
The team is comprised of gaming market veterans, with over 50 years of combined experience in the traditional and casual gaming markets. We are drawing on our experiences at Atari, Activision, WildTangent, and Big Fish Games to develop the best possible games, grow our business and ultimately become one of the leading social game developers/publishers in the world.
Please visit: doubledowninteractive.com OR doubledowncasino.com to learn more.