Mid-Level Backend Developer: £35,000-£40,000
We’re in a fortunate position to be looking for a talented backend developer to join one of the best development teams in the industry to help us in the continued development of Buzz Radar’s cutting edge, award-winning marketing insight platform.
You’ll need experience working with big data and distributed architecture systems you’ll be up to date on best practices, technologies and approaches around integrating, manipulating and transforming data.
You’ll be integrating new data sources, applying the latest analysis techniques and helping develop the insights platform that fuels our best in class data visualisation engine.
The role will cover development across the entire platform.
Working as part of a team and reporting to the CTO, you will be developing in both the backend and front engine technologies. Typically the role will encompass developing API endpoints to feed both internal and external systems, Data manipulation and transformation, Portal development, core systems development and much more.
- Responsible for the overall design implementation of the Buzz Radar insights platform roadmap
- Responsibility for myriad API’s used in the Buzz Radar platform their usage and any changes
- Development and optimization of our monitoring framework and methodology.
- Design Implementation of our holistic approach to data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Research into competitor tools and new techniques and technology and new partners.
- Hosting client training and leading client presentations related to analytics and insights where appropriate.
- Contribute to the internal vision and goals of the business by participating in projects that benefit Buzz Radar
- You must have at least 2 years of commercial back end development experience.
- Symfony 3.x (4.x is appreciated).
- PHP 7.1
- Postgres. Mysql experience is appreciated as well, but not needed.
- Git (Gitflow)
- Great lateral thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Curiosity and the ability to learn and master new techniques and technology.
- Ability to work well within a team liaising with other developers and project managers.
The core environment is PHP in a Symfony framework together with specialist Nginx, Node.js components.
Knowledge of Postgress/My SQL databases and in-memory data structures is key so your CV MUST evidence these technologies in order to be fully considered. This is specifically a role for specialist back-end development and does not require a full-stack skillset.
- Work with a highly talented team with a friendly calm office environment based in an old Dairy next to one of London’s nicest spots Primrose Hill just next to Camden Town and Chalk Farm tube stations.
About Buzz Radar
Buzz Radar is an industry leader in visualising real-time data and content. Our mission is to make data accessible, insightful and actionable for everyone. We believe data can be simple, beautiful, and powerful. When made accessible, easy to understand and augmented with both human and artificial intelligence it can create true digital transformation through a more open, collaborative way of working with data.