About the job
We believe that “through sports we have the power to change lives,” and we’re doing it every single day. adidas is one of the largest direct-to-consumer ecommerce companies in the world, and we happily take on the challenge of delighting billions of visitors.
As individuals: we’re confident and creative. As a team: we’re collaborative and greater than the sum of our parts.
We deeply value diversity and inclusion because we cherish each of our teammates and the breadth of perspectives they bring to the table. “Digital is a team sport,” and it takes the entire team to create the online store for the best sports brand in the world.
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Design technical solutions for adidas and Reebok online stores used around the world
- Act as a specialist IT counterpart to our Product Owners
- Facilitate technical discussions and bridge the gap between the IT and business worlds
- Bring best practices from research to influence the Product Owners in evolving the websites to the next level.
- Ensure that our ever-evolving websites remain in line with our Architecture Guardrails
- Create proof-of-concept applications to demonstrate solutions or ideas
- Collaborate closely with engineers to have new features and improvements implemented
- Invest time in personal growth and development by using online resources and receiving coaching from senior architects
WHAT IS THE TECH STACK LIKE?
We use very modern technologies and methodologies to prioritize developer experience and productivity while enabling us to produce fantastic results for our consumers. And we’re always open to new ideas and improvements.
Our website is written in TypeScript using opensource tools like React, Redux and Node.js. Behind the scenes we have a modern micro-service architecture providing access to all of our enterprise platforms.
All of our wonderful code is compiled and packaged up into Docker images by Jenkins CI/CD pipelines and deployed to our high availability Kubernetes clusters.
FROM US, YOU WILL GET
- Choice between MacBook Pro and Windows laptops
- Mobile smartphone
- Flexibility to work from home or the newly renovated Amsterdam headquarters (when restrictions are lifted)
- Part-time contract is possible if full-time isn’t for you
- 28 days paid holidays per year
- Online and offline education resources, like Udemy and LinkedIn Learning
- On-site gym
- Employee discount on adidas and Reebok
- Collective insurance discount
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted lunch at the office
IS THIS JOB FOR ME?
Are you excited about the latest technologies? How about applying them at global scales?
Are you genuinely passionate about producing high-quality, consumer-facing applications and proud to share your hard work with family and friends?
Come be a part of our team of hands-on engineers who believe in testing and automating everything. We’re constantly learning, ever growing and always eager to do things better.
WHAT IF I DON’T CHECK ALL THE BOXES?
It’s ok if some of the technology or terminology mentioned here are new for you. We’ll happily teach you. We’re looking for people with a well-rounded experience in everything to do with the web.
At adidas, we’re keen to increase our team’s diversity of backgrounds and skills, and we’re more interested in the work you will produce than that work you’ve already produced in the past. If you’d love to work with us, then we’d love to hear from you.