SendBird is powering chat for the most innovative companies in the world. We are on an incredible growth trajectory and are looking for a Solutions Engineer to collaborate across Sales, Customer Success, and Product groups to deliver innovative, flexible, and scalable solutions to our customers. This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to work directly with customers while delivering value through technical solutions.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer who is flexible with different technologies, is a quick learner, and is looking to be the voice of customers when collaborating with the Product team. This is an ideal role if you are passionate about designing and building technical solutions, and are comfortable speaking with developers, product managers, and C-level executives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will work toward customer success – you will work with our Customer Success and Sales teams to educate customers on how to best use SendBird.
- Lead implementation design – Consult with customers on technical and UI design to architect efficient and scalable solutions to deliver the best user experience.
- Build vertical solutions – Build tools and vertical solutions with SendBird for customers as the need arises such as third-party integrations.
- Problem-solve – Be a creative problem solver for troubleshooting issues and handling edge cases to ease the customer’s adoption process.
- Gather product feedback – Provide customer feedback to product teams and work together to close product feature gaps.
- Write technical resources – Write blog posts, tutorials, and documentation to make the adoption of SendBird more accessible to developers.
- Coordinate projects – Help manage projects with multiple stakeholders, both internal or external, to ensure timely and successful launches of SendBird integration.
- Become a domain expert – Follow the latest trends and features in the chat domain. Act as a trusted advisor for our customers when it comes to best practices for implementing chat.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are fluent in English and have functional skills in a secondary language like French or Spanish or similar.
- You have at least 5 years professional experience as a full-stack engineer; experience working with databases preferred.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong empathy for customer needs.
- You are able to travel as needed to do onsite visits (up to 20% of time); you will be responsible for territory coverage ranging from London to the Mediterranean and Eastern Europe and beyond.
- You have working knowledge of at least one web or mobile platform such as iOS, Android, React Native, React, or Angular.
- You understand basic web technologies (HTTP, HTML, WebSocket, etc.).
- You are able to guide a good UX design on customer’s chat implementation.
- You can debug and troubleshoot complex systems in web server, database and mobile devices.
SendBird is the world’s leading chat & messaging platform as a service. Our mission is to digitize human interactions for businesses. Our platform delivers billions of messages per month to help people connect through the products and apps they love.
We’re a Y Combinator alumnus (W16) and have raised over $120M from leading investors including ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, August Capital, and FundersClub. We are headquartered in San Mateo, CA (50+ employees) with an Asia-Pacific office in Seoul (100+ employees).