Senior Software Architect IGT-Devices
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Get to know that the average heart beats about 100.000 times daily.
And that more than 7 million people each year die from coronary heart disease – so, innovation, prevention, diagnosis and treatment is essential to reduce this number and improve the life of the patient.
At Philips IGT-Devices we are working on industry leading solutions helping clinicians on deciding, guiding, treating and confirming the right therapy for each patient in real-time during image-guided therapies (IGT).
Are you an enthusiastic Software Developer / Software Architect with relevant experience in the medical devices or medical equipment industry looking for the next challenge?
If the answer is “yes” Philips IGT-D might have the opportunity you are looking for!
You are responsible for
Philips IGT-Devices is looking for a strong C++ software developer/architect to contribute to our intravascular imaging and functional measurement consoles. The consoles team main goal is to de-risk technical designs in an early stage and demonstrate this with early prototypes as well as finalizing these applications and bringing them to the market.
The successful candidate will be a software developer who has a proven track record of C++ software development and medical applications. Helps teams define and implement a solution which is suitable for hosting current and upcoming features within release trains, while conforming to nonfunctional requirements. Ensures creation and realization of architectures: products, solutions, services and software within a release train focusing on architectural and design decisions. Conduct code development activities and will be working in a diverse team of highly capable engineers (software and hardware).
- Defines architecture strategy, balancing long- and short-term views and balancing conflicting requirements (e.g. security vs. performance) in alignment with software leaders. Works with stakeholders to develop the architectural runway and spikes in support of new business features and capabilities
- Works with teams, customers, suppliers, software leaders and product and solution management to define and design at high-level a solution / platform (incl. solution / platform intent, information models, and documentation requirements) and ensures fitness of purpose by focusing on consumer needs and technological competitiveness
- Delivers an optimal and consolidated architecture / design, leveraging technology and evaluating design alternatives including cost benefit analysis
- Defines system/items/units (for example components) and their interfaces, creating well defined building blocks, system options and scenarios. Allocates responsibilities to system/items/units, understands and supports solution deployment
- Establishes and communicates critical high-level functional and nonfunctional requirements. Owns implementation of non-functional requirements in area of responsibility
- Ensures good and up to date documentation of the architecture and implementation thereof and responsible for overall solutions / product quality
- Influences and drives an accepted implementation of architecture
- Collaborates with and coaches agile teams to take and implement the appropriate system/items/units design decisions balancing applying emergent design with intentional architecture (e.g. in inspect and adapt workshops)
- Drives software craftsmanship. Might conduct also proof of concepts and code development activities
- Supports in backlog grooming and release planning
You are a part of
An extremely driven international cross-functional R&D team of the business unit Image Guided Therapy Devices. Your local team is in Best, The Netherlands, and you will collaborate with other teams globally. Thereby making it a multidisciplinary international endeavor, where flexibility is key. Read more about our cardiology solutions via our site.
As Software Architect IGT-D, you will report into the Group Leader Advanced Development, Consoles R&D, IGT Devices.
We collaborate in an open and informal way to drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and passion – delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world. Join us!!!
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in computer science or relevant technical degree;
- 10 years experience developing high-tech medical software devices incl. regulatory processes;
- Experience as Software Architect of at least 3-4 years
- Excellent programming and design skills in C++;
- Familiar with advanced and product development processes for medical devices;
- Empowering continuous improvement;
- Strong in collaboration with a broad variety of stakeholders.
In return, we offer you
We believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
- A competitive salary package incl. a variable bonus – based on Philips’ results and personal performance;
- A holiday allowance of 25 days per year and the option to purchase up to 20 extra days annually;
- An extensive set of tools to drive your career, including a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- A healthy work-life balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.