Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal. We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success.
What You Will Do
Klarna’s Design team is an ambitious international team where results and attention to detail are taken seriously. We aim to build the best products in the world and we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently amazing. We’re organised into domains with a clear area of focus and different products and teams in them.
As Director of Product Design, you will partly contribute to the overall strategy of the products in your domain alongside your Product and Engineering counterparts, and partly lead a set of fantastic design leaders with the goal to evolve processes, tools and methods to deliver great product design.
You will work alongside our Design Operations team and talented Design Leads in other domains across Klarna and close to our Design System team, to maintain, unify and evolve our design language, to provide a customer journey that is consistent across domains.
You will report directly to the VP Design.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Defining the design Design System roadmap that will have most impact to empower Product Designers at Klarna.
- Evangelise the Product Design’s ways of working, process and best practices amongst Designers at Klarna.
- Facilitate and evolve the look and feel of Klarna’s Product Design language, its components and design patterns, from concepts to implementation.
- Align best practices across the different ecosystems where Klarna products live in: web, app, ecommerce touchpoints and merchant facing and internal user interfaces.
- Work closely with our Brand Designers to build a consistent Brand and Product experience across the whole customer journey.
- Ensure that our React and React Native components are implemented with the highest level of quality.
- Overseeing the work being done to provide the best design guidelines and resources that best explain how to use the system and tools available.
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services.
You Should Have
- Top notch user experience, visual design and information hierachy skills: You should be able to produce very high quality experiences and visual designs.
- A track record leading and mentoring other designers in your team.
- Experience working with complex Sketch libraries (at the moment we use Sketch and Abstract).
- A stunning portfolio that showcases your work and process.
- Strong presentation skills to articulate and present your ideas to other designers, engineers, product managers and executives at Klarna.
- Fluent with different level of prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer, Principle or Flinto.
- A good understanding of how to use motion to elevate the current user experience.
- Experience writing simple and clear design documentation for multiple audiences (designers, developers, product owners and other stakeholders).
- Experience working in fin-tech or e-commerce.
- Knowledge about React and React Native.
How To Apply
Send over a CV in English. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 18 different markets, hosted by +3000 people from 90 nationalities.