Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are looking for Senior Gameplay Programmers to implement and maintain gameplay systems in Rocket League and future projects.
- Designing and creating technical specifications for major gameplay features and systems
- Working closely with fellow programmers, artists, and designers to create and iterate on game features
- Using strong critical thinking to problem solve and debug programs
- Contribute unique, personal ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Optimize and maintain existing game systems
- 5+ years of professional game development experience
- Experience as primary architect of at least one core gameplay system
- Strong skills in C++ and experience with scripting languages
- Experience working on a live service or online multiplayer game
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience working with any of the current generation of consoles
- Must be a strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Passionate about personal development and takes advantage of opportunities to continuously improve
Additional Preferred Software Experience:
- Unreal Engine
- Visual Studio
About Epic Games
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.