Blockchain is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Engineering Manager to work on the world’s most popular wallet, supporting over 140 countries and 53 million users. The majority of Blockchain’s users come to us through our mobile apps, so this is a critical and highly visible role. We are looking for an engineering leader who can execute on making Blockchain “mobile first”.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will be responsible for leading and growing the engineering team that delivers our Android and iOS cryptocurrency wallet, as well as future products.
- In this role you will:
- Scale and upskill the mobile engineering team,
- Accelerate delivery and increase quality by making smart infrastructure and process investments and tradeoffs.
- Deliver features aligned with our business goals.
- You will work across the organization with product, engineering, marketing, and design teams to define the mobile product roadmap and guide decisions on architecture, system design, and technical strategy.
- You will be a hands-on manager, responsible for inspiring, managing, and providing constructive feedback to direct reports across multiple time zones.
- As an engineering leader and manager at Blockchain you will be responsible for ensuring proper planning and delivery of complex projects, setting clear goals and best practices for your team, delivering timely feedback and helping recruit great engineers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Experience leading Android or iOS (or better – both) engineering teams rapidly delivering features to millions of users.
- Prior leadership, management, and coaching skills through experience as an engineering manager. This should include experience building and leading productive, high functioning, and distributed teams.
- Strong technical expertise in mobile development, with deep, hands on experience in either Android and/or iOS.
- Built, shipped, and scaled consumer facing, software products with at least two successful product launches to speak of.
- Active participation in a team’s career development, having managed engineers and manager’s performance with proper mentorship and coaching.
- The highest of standards regarding security practices and a desire to mentor your team on keeping our user base safe.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short release cycles.
- Desire to foster a hardworking, collaborative and creative team culture in one of the most challenging and dynamic industries in tech.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Remote working environment.
- Apple Equipment.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).