As a Software Development Team Leader, you will help coordinate and drive team efforts to deliver software solutions.
Within our Core Systems team, all systems and services are housed on a Linux operating system and primarily built around open source technologies. To process the volume of transactions on a daily basis we needed a language that was able to scale at speed. You will either be working with Golang and/or Erlang, so we are looking for people who want to explore and learn new technologies.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast-paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges.
- Assisting in driving the provision of a capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
- Enforcing governance of quality, rules, standards, and processes ensuring solutions meet business needs.
- Ensuring development processes are conducted in a timely fashion.
- Limiting repeated steps within the development process.
- Identifying and mitigating risk.
- Removing blockers to delivery.
- Analysing impact of change.
- Distributing knowledge and mentoring team members.
- Providing performance feedback and inputting into developer appraisals.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Extensive commercial development experience.
- Proven track record of leading teams to deliver of high-quality solutions.
- Team working skills.
- Strong technical background.
- Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
- Experience of distributed systems.
- Working on Linux and GNU utilities.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
- Proactive and willing to contribute ideas.
bet365, one of the world's leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology.
Established by Denise Coates CBE in 2000, we have rapidly grown into a global operation employing over 4,300 people and deliver an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
Initially we began by offering online Sports betting but with forward thinking leadership we chose to focus our attention on In-Play betting.
The gamble paid off and enabled us to forge our market leading position. In-Play has been fundamental to our success and remains the cornerstone of a business which, in 2017/18, saw £52.6 billion taken in Sports wagers with up to 2 million markets on site at any one time. Our game changing In-Play betting product and comprehensive sports Live Streaming service covering 190,000 events a year are complemented by our offerings in Casino, Poker, Games, Vegas and Bingo.
Innovation continues to be our lifeblood and we pride ourselves on the standards of customer service we deliver. Driven by a shared vision to be the best in our industry, a technology team in excess of 1,300 people work in house to provide the technological advances that enable us to maintain our leadership position.
Giving our teams the freedom to innovate is essential to our success. Our award winning business has worked hard to cultivate a culture of creativity where good ideas and a techno entrepreneurial attitude are encouraged and rewarded.
Today we continue to push technological boundaries and break new ground in software innovation.