The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) sets and guides Bungie’s technology vision and strategy. The CTO will also drive craft and management excellence through the organization of each of Bungie’s technology disciplines: Engineering, IT, Operations, Production Engineering, SDET, and Test. This person will provide a voice and advocate for technology as an active leader in the Bungie executive team and executive strategy group.
As part of Bungie Executive team, and in collaboration with game business unit leaders, technology leaders, and other stakeholders, this individual will drive organizational strategy for technology. This individual will help to create and evolve Bungie’s technology strategy, ensuring that it is aligned with Bungie’s overall business goals and initiatives to ensure it meets the needs of our games, customers, and employees. This person will also manage the technology leaders in each game business unit and in any shared technology services.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely.
- Develop and maintain Bungie’s technology vision and strategy in collaboration with the BLT, game business unit leaders, and technology leaders
- Drive organizational strategy for technology, such as the split between game business unit teams and shared technology teams
- Manage the technology leaders in each game business unit and in any shared technology services
- Build and maintain Bungie’s inspiring technology vision
- Create and evolve Bungie’s technology strategy, ensuring that it is aligned with Bungie’s overall strategy and the needs of Bungie’s games, customers, and employees
- Guide the definition of annual goals, objectives, and KPIs related to Bungie’s technology strategy
- Maintain a strong situational awareness of Bungie’s current technologies, including key game technologies, services, and infrastructure to inform strategic plans
- Maintain a strong, global situational awareness and curiosity regarding technology trends and opportunities to advise Bungie leaders and to inform strategic plans
- Seek emerging technology developments, business practices, and processes that improve the company’s efficiency, stability, and customer satisfaction levels
- Champion Bungie’s technology strategy and ensure the alignment and embedding of technology strategy and goals within game business unit and shared team roadmaps and plans
- Balance the agility of game specific solutions against the strategic and financial advantages of centralized solutions
- Adjudicate differences in approach to strategic technology problems, and get alignment and commitment to solutions that then cascade through the organization
- Serve as either an agree-er or decision-maker on all company-level, strategic technology decisions
- Provide a strong voice for technology as an active leader in the Bungie executive team and executive strategy group
- Responsible, alongside fellow executive team members, for delivering on the goals, objectives, and KPIs of the executive team
- Ultimately responsible for the studio’s delivery against technology-related goals, objectives, and KPIs
- Support and advise the CFO and Business Unit leaders and senior technology leader to set budgets for technology-related efforts at the Business Unit and corporate level (including Bungie’s technology-related capital expenses)
- Develop, refine, reinforce, and embody Bungie’s culture and values within the executive team and across the studio
- Evangelize Bungie’s vision and serve as a visible senior leader and studio champion, internally and externally
- Represent Bungie during the technology evaluation of potential business opportunities and partnerships
- Build and maintain strategic industry relationships to understand, evaluate, and react to technology and talent trends
- Be the first line of defense for corporate-level technology-related issues (legal, etc.) faced by Bungie
- Developing and running console, PC, mobile, and/or web products in a live operations environment
- Developing and running high-availability, large-scale backend services
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Handling consumer privacy , security, and PII
- Following and rationally advocating for the use of emerging technologies and understanding trade-offs
Bungie is an independent, employee-owned game development studio dedicated to creating hopeful worlds that inspire passionate player communities and lifelong friendships. For nearly thirty years that purpose has led to the creation of some of the industry's most celebrated gaming franchises, including Marathon, Myth, Halo, and Destiny. Today, Bungie is focused on developing the next highly-anticipated release in the Destiny universe and new worlds to come.